Built in 1986 with duct tape, leftover lumber from grandma's fence and lots of love, Michael's Grill & Taqueria is California casual food, with a serious Mexican slant, Cajun shadows and a Texas twist. Michael's prides itself in using fresh ingredients and cooking everything to order. Make sure you have a well-balanced meal...order a Corona with dinner. Tell them you're a Friend of the Pacific Grove Library and they will donate a portion of their proceeds for the day to the Friends. This is a delicious way to support the library.
1126 Forest Avenue, Pacific Grove, 831-647-8654
Come see Daffy Dave perform at the Pacific Grove Library.
Fun Audience Participation!
This performance is part of the Summer Reading Program sponsored by The Friends of Pacific Grove Library.
Double your BOOK-BUYING FUN at TWO book sales this month, two blocks apart:
1. 212 Fountain Ave., P.G., 10:00 am-2:00 pm,
enjoy the offerings from a large Private Collection!
2. Library Arcade, 10:00 am–4:00 pm,
come for great deals on gently used books, DVDs, CDs and more.
Members of the Friends will receive a 50% discount.
All proceeds benefit the Pacific Grove Library.
The Friends of the Pacific Grove Library has a book club, which:
- Meets most second Mondays at the Little House in Jewell Park at 2:00 pm for about 1-1/2 to 2 hours (we reschedule on Federal holidays)
- Tends to read fiction, but mixes it up depending on the interests of the members
- Tends to read books that aren't brand new, so members can find books at local libraries
- Rotates book leaders, who make a suggestion for the club, then lead the discussion
Carol Greenstreet is the coordinator.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, July 10, "The Underground Railroad", by Colson Whitehead