News from PG Friends
|Summer Reading Highlights||2|
|Board Member Spotlight||2|
|Planned Giving to PGPL||2|
|Ourselves We Sing!||3|
|Book Store News||4|
|New and Renewing Members||5|
|Donations to the Friends and Foundation||5|
|Book Club Updates||6|
|Fall into Winter Dine Out||6|
|Dine Out Restaurants||2|
|Spring Membership Renewal||3|
|Upcoming Library Events||4|
|Book Store News||5|
|Leave a Legacy Gift||5|
|Pacific Grove Books||6|
|New and Renewing Members||7|
|Donations to the Friends and Foundation||8-9|
|Library Quilt—Last Chance!||10|
We start the year with the outstanding news that our Monterey County Gives! donation total was $37,455! We are so grateful for the contributions from 187 generous donors. These funds will support teen Library services for years to come – programs, books, materials and resources.
Kim Bui, President
PGPL Friends and Foundation
Monterey County Gives!
Booksale Holiday Shopping
We are The PGPL Friends and Foundation!
Laws Family Room Dedication
“Buy A Book” on the Library’s Donor Quilt
Dine Out at Pacific Thai Cuisine on November 30
Renaissance Events at the Library
New and Renewing Members
Donations to the Friends and Foundation
|August 5, 5:30–7 pm
Author David Laws presents:
Stories from Secret Monterey: A Guide to the Weird, Wonderful and Obscure
|August 26, 5:30–7 pm
Author Peter Hiller presents:
The Life and Times of Jo Mora: Iconic Artist of the American West
|Sept. 9, 5:30-7 pm
Local playwright Carol Marquart presents a staged reading of:
The Two Wives of John Steinbeck
|Sept. 23, 5:30-7 pm
Heather Lazare discusses her research into the life and times of Wilford Rensselaer Holman, and her newly released book, My Life in Pacific Grove: A Memoir, which she annotated and edited.
Monterey County Gives! raised more than $40,000 for the PG Pop-Up Library!
Discover & Explore the Library’s Local History Collection
National Library Week, April 3 - 9
Welcome Noreen Nance, Foundation President
Hello and Goodbye to Friends’ Board Members
Dine Out at Max’s Grill on March 30
Since 1958, the American Library Association has sponsored National Library Week to celebrate the contributions of our nation's libraries and dedicated library professionals and to promote library use and support. Thank you to Library Director Diana Godwin and all the PGPL staff!
Friday, April 1 - Barbara Mossberg, 5:30-7:30 pm
Friday, April 8 - Sea Scribes Calligraphy Guild - Gallery opening reception and poetry reading by Patrick Flanigan, 5:30-7:30 pm
Saturday, April 9 - Barbara Mossberg, memoir writing seminar, 9 am-4 pm
Saturday, April 16 - Patrice Vecchione, 3-5 pm
Friday, April 22 - Daniel Summerhill, Monterey County's first Poet Laureate, 5:30-7:30 pm
Tuesday, April 26 - Teen Poetry event, 3:30-5 pm
View the slideshow from the February 6, 2022 Annual Meeting.
The Slate of Candidates for the Friends Board of Directors was approved by written ballot prior to the Annual Meeting held February 6.
Gail Abeloe, Director
- Gail is a PG business owner (Back Porch Fabrics), retired teacher and reading specialist and resident of Pacific Grove. Gail is a current Friends Board Director.
Erin Boydston, Director
- Erin is a zoologist, educator and resident of Pacific Grove. Erin and her family are enthusiastic PG Library patrons, This will be Erin’s first term on the Board.
Kim Bui, Director
- Kim is a retired librarian, poet and resident of Pacific Grove. Kim is a current Friends Board Director and enthusiastic supporter of the PG Library.
Don Freeman, Director
- Don is a retired City attorney and resident of Pacific Grove. Don is a Friends volunteers and longtime library supporter. This will be Don’s first term on the Board.
Stephanie Herrick, Director
- Stephanie is a retired speech language pathologist and resident of Pacific Grove. Stephanie and her family are longtime library patrons; she is a current Board Director.
Dennis Mar, Director
- Dennis is retired from the Naval Postgraduate School. A former PG Library Foundation Board Director, Dennis believes in the future of libraries and is a current Board Director.
Heidi McNally-Dial, Director
- Heidi is a retired City administrator and resident of Pacific Grove. Heidi is Friends volunteer. This will be Heidi’s first term on the Board.
Lucy Moore, Director
- Lucy is a retired college instructor. Lucy has been a PG Library patron since childhood, cherishes it as a precious, evolving tradition, and is a current Friends Board Director.
Abby Pfeiffer, Director
- Abby is a retired IT specialist and grant writer. Abby believes in the importance of libraries and has been a library patron all her life. Abby is a current Board Director.
Sandra Robeson, Director
- Sandy is a retired Systems Engineer, a PG resident and Library patron for decades. Committed to supporting the PG Library, Sandy is a current Friends Board Director.
Judy Wills, Director
- Judy is a retired elementary school teacher and resident of Pacific Grove. Judy volunteers on a daily basis for the Friends and Library; she is a current Board Director.