News from PG Friends
|August 5, 5:30–7 pm
Author David Laws presents:
Stories from Secret Monterey: A Guide to the Weird, Wonderful and Obscure
|August 26, 5:30–7 pm
Author Peter Hiller presents:
The Life and Times of Jo Mora: Iconic Artist of the American West
|Sept. 9, 5:30-7 pm
Local playwright Carol Marquart presents a staged reading of:
The Two Wives of John Steinbeck
|Sept. 23, 5:30-7 pm
Heather Lazare discusses her research into the life and times of Wilford Rensselaer Holman, and her newly released book, My Life in Pacific Grove: A Memoir, which she annotated and edited.
Q&A about the Friends and Foundation Consolidation
Monterey Peninsula Quilters Guild Show
Local History Spotlight Series begins August 5
New and Renewing Friends Members
W.R. Holman Memoir, Edited and Annotated by Heather Lazare
Coming Soon! “Buy A Book” on the Library’s Donor Quilt
Pacific Grove Books • New Release • September 1
Dine Out Returns!
Monterey County Gives! raised more than $40,000 for the PG Pop-Up Library!
Discover & Explore the Library’s Local History Collection
National Library Week, April 3 - 9
Welcome Noreen Nance, Foundation President
Hello and Goodbye to Friends’ Board Members
Dine Out at Max’s Grill on March 30
Since 1958, the American Library Association has sponsored National Library Week to celebrate the contributions of our nation's libraries and dedicated library professionals and to promote library use and support. Thank you to Library Director Diana Godwin and all the PGPL staff!
Friday, April 1 - Barbara Mossberg, 5:30-7:30 pm
Friday, April 8 - Sea Scribes Calligraphy Guild - Gallery opening reception and poetry reading by Patrick Flanigan, 5:30-7:30 pm
Saturday, April 9 - Barbara Mossberg, memoir writing seminar, 9 am-4 pm
Saturday, April 16 - Patrice Vecchione, 3-5 pm
Friday, April 22 - Daniel Summerhill, Monterey County's first Poet Laureate, 5:30-7:30 pm
Tuesday, April 26 - Teen Poetry event, 3:30-5 pm
View the slideshow from the February 6, 2022 Annual Meeting.
The Slate of Candidates for the Friends Board of Directors was approved by written ballot prior to the Annual Meeting held February 6.
Gail Abeloe, Director
- Gail is a PG business owner (Back Porch Fabrics), retired teacher and reading specialist and resident of Pacific Grove. Gail is a current Friends Board Director.
Erin Boydston, Director
- Erin is a zoologist, educator and resident of Pacific Grove. Erin and her family are enthusiastic PG Library patrons, This will be Erin’s first term on the Board.
Kim Bui, Director
- Kim is a retired librarian, poet and resident of Pacific Grove. Kim is a current Friends Board Director and enthusiastic supporter of the PG Library.
Don Freeman, Director
- Don is a retired City attorney and resident of Pacific Grove. Don is a Friends volunteers and longtime library supporter. This will be Don’s first term on the Board.
Stephanie Herrick, Director
- Stephanie is a retired speech language pathologist and resident of Pacific Grove. Stephanie and her family are longtime library patrons; she is a current Board Director.
Dennis Mar, Director
- Dennis is retired from the Naval Postgraduate School. A former PG Library Foundation Board Director, Dennis believes in the future of libraries and is a current Board Director.
Heidi McNally-Dial, Director
- Heidi is a retired City administrator and resident of Pacific Grove. Heidi is Friends volunteer. This will be Heidi’s first term on the Board.
Lucy Moore, Director
- Lucy is a retired college instructor. Lucy has been a PG Library patron since childhood, cherishes it as a precious, evolving tradition, and is a current Friends Board Director.
Abby Pfeiffer, Director
- Abby is a retired IT specialist and grant writer. Abby believes in the importance of libraries and has been a library patron all her life. Abby is a current Board Director.
Sandra Robeson, Director
- Sandy is a retired Systems Engineer, a PG resident and Library patron for decades. Committed to supporting the PG Library, Sandy is a current Friends Board Director.
Judy Wills, Director
- Judy is a retired elementary school teacher and resident of Pacific Grove. Judy volunteers on a daily basis for the Friends and Library; she is a current Board Director.
There will be no First Saturday Book Sale in January. The next sale will be Saturday, February 5, 10am - 4pm, at St. Mary's by-the-Sea Episcopal Church - 146 12th St. We hope to see you there!
Happy New Year!
Monterey County Gives!
Holiday Book Sale
Joe Rock Children's Room Dedication
Library Re-Dedication Event
Happy 10th Anniversary to the Library Foundation
Visit the “Renewal” exhibit until January 7
Thank You, Patricia Hamilton
The campaign is over. Thank you for your support!
The Friends are delighted to participate in the 2021 Monterey County Gives! campaign. Our Big Idea is to help the Library expand its outreach with a totally electric pop-up bookmobile. The PG Pop-Up Library will meet eager readers of all ages where they are, bringing books and materials to schools, parks, senior centers and events throughout Pacific Grove. And your year-end gift goes further through the match each gift receives.
- Donate online
- Or send a check: Make it out to Monterey County Gives! and mail it to the Community Foundation at 2354 Garden Rd, Monterey, CA 93940. Be sure to note that your donation is for the Friends of the PG Library.
Since 2000, Monterey County Gives! has helped local nonprofit organizations raise more than $35 million through the generosity of donors like you. Thank you for being a Friend!